Monday, August 18, 2014

My perfect place


I like to classify my favorite places in two categories. Places where beauty means solitude and silence, and where only the wind and the birds are allowed to interrupt my wondering mind.

 And places where music means voices, laughter, car horns and a thousand stories revolving around me. A little boy and a little girl full of whipped cream on the chin at the same table with a witless father who misses his wife still at work. Sunglasses on a custom-made suit, talking loudly on the phone, three tanned young women laughing melancholy in memory of yesterday when they were floating on a lounge chair on the sea side.
And of course there is also a defining condition. A favorite place is a place where I lived at least once perfect time. That moment when, although you don't know how to express it in words, you feel the wind has optimal intensity,the air has the temperature of your skin and leaves are dancing as on a song by Salieri. You tend to suspect that planets are also aligning in secret, but you can not put your hand in the fire because everything you know taught you that perfection does not exist.


Of course, I am now in a favorite place. In my home, in front of the window, as always with my laptop which oddly viruses whenever I feel like I've got the flu. And the coffee is the best in town.
But I kind of feel like changing the setting and I need suggestions.  So if you feel generous leave me your suggestion, a place in the entire world that it's worth seeing. It doesn't have to be glamorous or huge. A bench in St. Marks's Square or the middle rock on an anonymous beach are the kind of places I'm looking for.

Live happily,
IoanaIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment