Tuesday, August 12, 2014

The survivor (or The best house plant for beginners)

I am horrible with plants. None survived with me, until now. I forget to put water, I live them in the sun when I'm not suppose to, I live them in the dark when they need light. Any one getting through my doors is condemned.
 

But I still buy them, because I love them. Even though sometimes loves kills. I like every single living thing, plant or animal, because I see in them the best and most amazing parts of us. The innocence, the joy, the pure happiness of standing in the rain, life in its purest form, beyond money, interests and thought. But I can get to keep a plant alive.

Ad least not until now. Until I found my match. Found in a supermarket, little, with its colored leafs, cheap also. So, I thought, why not? Let's try again. And I bought it and brought her home. That happened three months ago and, believe it or not, it is still alive. Still beautiful and standing.

It is called Fittonia and because there are a lot of types of Fittonia I looked for it online and found out that my little survivor is called Fittonia Argyroneura. Original from Peru and the perfect plant for a indoor gardener beginner. When you forget to water them, their leafs begin looking droopy so it kind of tells you you need to give her some water. I left it last week on the window sill for an entire day, in the sun to find it looking really bad. I put water and by morning it was as good as new.

So let me present you the only house plant that survived me. Fitonnia is about 8-inch long, with oval leafs that have cool, colored nerve network. It looks really great and I think the fact that the leafs and not the flowers are its main attraction makes it special.
Argyroneura
Argyroneura


No comments:

Post a Comment