Friday, August 22, 2014

Took a new job and changed my life

Just like that. Almost two weeks ago tomorrow I started writing a book. Out of the blue. First ten pages were for fun, the next 20 were for curiosity. I am now at page 128 and I keep on going without feeling that I have a choice. I just sit in front of my computer and images and words start flowing out of my mind.

 

I have made changes before, took a year or a few months off. Off from work, off from school, off from me and my quiet and numerous rules that made me too timid and hesitant to live a crazy year. Every and each one of them gave me more than I have expected. And still, this one seems to be the most fruitful of all.

I have always had difficulties keeping my imagination under control. Working to keep my mind focus on each task at hand, thinking straight, simple and logical. A teacher of mine once asked us to say in a project three of our flows. My number two was that I always seem to see the most complicated and unusual solution to the problems I'm confronted with and yet, sometimes failing to see the obvious ones. Who knows, maybe the flow I have been fighting for so long is not a flow at all.

So I'm taking a few months off, hoping the future will not say I'm wrong this time. Kept some old projects and took a new one that involves only writing. I work during the day and save my early mornings and nights for my book. I am not a writer and I will never be, be since I lack the proper education and the vast life experience I think one should have in order to consider himself or herself a true writer. But still, my pages have so far brought smile to two very dear faces and that it's more then enough for me. It has done it's purpose. My writing notebook, because book is an undeserved title so far, has touched two souls and it has started to heal mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment