Thursday, July 24, 2014

1200 calories a day




I have never been great at being disciplined or not eating chocolate and not having real problems with my weight, I never really tried to follow a diet. The only thing that worked for me is the 1200 calories per day rule.

What does it mean? It means that for my weight and my lifestyle some applications say that I should eat around 1200 calories a day to get and maintain the desired weight (53 kilos or about 117 pounds). This is the ONLY rule and I can eat everything I want.

The trick is that if I eat junk food like a chocolate and a bag of snacks, I use approximately 1000 calories of my 1200 and then I get really hungry. So, the effect is that I am careful with what I eat. I eat chocolate, but not an entire one in a single day, I eat snacks from time to time and everything I like but in the right quantities. And it has done miracles for me because it gives me a lot of freedom. I am not stocked in some "must follow" recipes or aliments for day x, y or z.

I have over 3 months since I started this. I lost over 2 kilos. I know, it's not much but it is stable. I have already gotten used to eat 1200 calories a day without even checking it in my app (I use my Fitness Pal). I guess my stomach and my body have gotten used to this quantities. No advertising intended, I just get along well with this app. There are many more available out there.

My favorite breakfast is 1 avocado made with lemon juice, salt and a little bit of garlic, with toasted bread and a really juicy tomato. I put some cheese over all this if I have any. I usually finish this kind of breakfast with a piece of black chocolate. This happens somewhere around 9-10 in the morning. (this is approximately 400 - 450 calories).

Launch is somewhere around 14 o'clock. And, let's see my favorite (this week) is fried rice with vegetables and a piece of grilled fish (this is approximately 275 - 300 calories).

Dinner is for cream soups lately. I love zucchini cream soup, potato cream soup (extremely easy to make) and tomato cream soup which I will make this weekend with some fresh basil I grow in a flowerpot on my window sill (this is around 300 calories with toasted bread included).

I usually have a 200 - 300 calories difference that means some fruits during the day, ice cream, extra chocolate, etc. And, I found a way to bend the rules. If I used my calories and I want to eat something extra, like I'm in the mood for ice cream or some boiled corn or a some water Mellon, etc., etc. I go out for a run like 20 - 30 minute and ... get a extra "free space" for 100 - 150 calories. I don't know if this is okay, but for me it works.



No comments:

Post a Comment