Sunday, July 27, 2014

Zucchini cream soup - 150 calories per cup


I love zucchini and I love garlic so this becomes one of my most preferred recipes of all times. The fact that preparing it takes less than half an hour is the reason that I laminated it and put in on my fridge in my "Easy to make" collection.

I like to cook, I love to eat but I don't really have so much time and space for very complicated recipes. So it became a hobby of min to collect tasty and easy to make recipes. If you keep your calories under control, a cup of zucchini creams soup is approximately 150 calories (52% fat, 34% carbs and 14% protein). Without the toasted bread :)

So, all you need to make this soup are:
  • 3-4 medium zucchini (which I cut in small cubes)
  • 750 ml chicken soup  
  • 7 cloves of garlic (cut in small pieces) 
  • 1 medium onion
  • 1 teaspoon of butter
  • salt
  • pepper
  • mint
  • ginger
After you have washed the zucchini, onion and garlic and cut them in small pieces take your favorite pan, put it on the stove at low heat along with the butter, the onion and the garlic. When they become transparent and soft, put in the zucchini and cook for 15 minutes, low heat, until it softness.

Heat the chicken soup in a pot and through in the what you cooked in the pan. Add salt, pepper and ginger. Boil low heat  for 10-15 minutes. Put the soup through the blender.

Because you used butter you need to serve it a little heated. For an amazing taste some mint before serving and rub a garlic clove on the toasted bread. Bon apettit!

No comments:

Post a Comment