Thursday, July 24, 2014

Let loosing weight be the cherry on the cake


I love sport (as you can probably notice I also like to accessories sneakers) and I like to think that when I will be 50 or 60 I will still be open to trying new things as I am now. But just in case, I made a plan:

  • at 40 I will learn to ride a bike (well, yes, I no, but I never had the opportunity)
  • at 50 I will learn sky diving
  • at 60 I will buy my own pair of skates and learn to use them properly
  • at 70 I will learn to dance tango (meet some hot (old) guys:)
  • at 80 ... maybe it's time to learn chess.

Why? Because I want to make sure I will never see myself as too old to try something like this. Learning new stuff, especially sports can make us feel really weird and embarrassed in the beginning, especially if we are not just some teenagers anymore. But it feels amazing to really pull through it and add another thing you dared to do.

30 to 32 meant for me most of all jogging (combined with Tai Chi and Yoga). From barely trudging my legs for 10 minutes in a raw and convincing myself to put the right leg in front of the left one to easily running 30 minutes without loosing my breath. 

Best jogging experience I ever had has been running in the morning by the seaside, in the sand, with the sun barely rising and the sea breeze on my face. That made all the mornings I felt I couldn't do it worth while. 

Now jogging has become a pleasure, like enjoying a tasty cup of tea in an old temple in Japan. I love jogging in a Sunday morning, at 6.00 a.m. when everybody is still sleeping, the streets are still empty and I can still smell the dew on the grass. I miss running on a mountain trail under the shadow of old trees hearing nothing but the wind. 

When I choose my travel destinations or going somewhere nice I always thing what interesting running routes I could find around there. 

We all know that after 30 our body changes, some of us start putting weight and we rush into jogging, or gym to get reed of it. Like an obligation we have in our calendar for that day. Something we must do and for what we reward ourselves. My advice to you is to find a sport that you enjoy, that you like, that you might get to love one day and I promise you, you will get to look amazing without even thinking about it. 

Practicing sport will become your reward, and loosing weight will be just a secondary effect (and the cherry on the cake).

No comments:

Post a Comment